The NDIS is good news but you will need to prepare for your NDIS plan. The amount of information can be overwhelming and confusing.
We can help you make it simpler. We work with you and your family to get the best plan possible for you.
The people we support and their families and carers mostly come from Bayside, Kingston, Glen Eira, Monash, Frankston and Stonnington local government areas. Suburbs include Highett, Bentleigh, Ormond, McKinnon, Moorabbin, Black Rock, Beaumaris, Mentone, Caulfield, Malvern and all the way to Frankston.
We can support you with:
How to manage your feelings in your NDIS meeting?
As a carer, you may not want to speak about some of the support you give. For examples carers have felt awkward admitting to:
• Sleeping in the same room as the person you care for to help them go to sleep or
• Assisting the person in the shower;
However, to get an effective NDIS plan that reflects the reality of supporting the person you care for does requires you to talk honestly about the support you give despite feelings of reluctance .
You will have a greater chance of getting the right support including behavioural support to help the person you care for become more independent and more in control of their life.
So how to act despite those negative feelings and hesitation? As we know good preparation is invaluable, here are some tips.
• Accept how you feel as neither good nor bad, just feelings.
• Identify what specific support you give that makes you feel awkward or embarrassed.
• Include this as part of your NDIS conversation with your disability service.
• Practice saying what you need to say.
• Start with “this is really difficult to share but this is how it is…..
• Even though you feel awkward and embarrassed, know it is the right thing to do for the person you care for, yourself and other family members. It is not disloyal but courageous to speak up to get the right support.
Watch the video with our CEO Janine and our NDIS Engagement Co-ordinator, Sarah.
For more information, contact our NDIS team on 03 9276 4300.
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
100 Wheatley Road, McKinnon, Melbourne
Are you a parent of a school age student with a disability and uncertain about the NDIS? You are not alone. We can help you started or know what you need to do next. Our experienced NDIS Transition team can help you. Don’t be anxious and definitely don’t hope […]
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now