There has been a huge increase in plan reviews as many people are now coming up to the end of 12 months of their first plans. The NDIS Engagement team have fully supported 186 people with their first NDIS plans, this level of intense support is not sustainable for plan reviews so here are some tips.
To prepare for your NDIS plan review use this form Getting NDIS Review Ready Client Example
* Effie has a support worker to go out on the weekend with her, something she could not do before.
* Adele is building her capacity to live independently.
* Samraing has support to develop his artistic talent and to sell his artwork.
* Lucy has a support worker with her at home building her skills for her morning routine.
Find out about Support Co-ordination https://www.marriott.org.au/support-coordination/
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people with a disability, their families and carers. Funding is provided to an individual based on the supports they require to be included in their NDIS plan, so getting the best possible plan is very important.
The NDIS is an insurance scheme, which takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with a disability from an early stage to improve their outcomes later in life, and to fund a range of disability support services.
The NDIS has no impact on the Disability Support Pension or Carers Allowance.
An NDIS plan includes funding for the supports you need to live well, supports are based on individual needs, and can include a range of services, including:
• daily personal activities
• transport to enable participation in community, social, economic and daily life activities
• workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
• therapeutic supports including behaviour support
• help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment
• help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
• home modification design and construction
• mobility equipment, and
• vehicle modifications.
For more information on NDIS plans and funding, visit our FAQs page.
We have zero tolerance for abuse https://www.marriott.org.au/zero-tolerance-to-abuse/
How to prepare for your review
1. Let your Support Co-ordinator know as soon as you are notified of your plan review meeting. Your Support Co-ordinator will meet with you to prepare and will likely go with you to the plan review meeting.
2. Information about the support you receive and progress to your goals from Service providers you use, is really important. So ask all service providers for this information
Then, work through these questions.
3. What has worked well in the past year?
4. Have goals been achieved? If not, what part of the goal has been achieved or progressed?
5. What hasn’t worked in the past year?
Use these resources
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
It’s that time again. We love hosting Biggest Morning Teas in our community. Join us on Thursday 30th May 2019 at 9.30am. At Marriott Community Hub, 100 Wheatley Road, McKinnon. RSVP to Julia on 9557 6909. [email protected]
100 Wheatley Road, McKinnon, Melbourne
E.E. Gunn Reserve, Ormond
FairGo Football program for people with disability in Ormond What is Fair Go Footy A training program centred on having fun, playing games and developing basic AFL skills through drills. Although it is centred around Australian Rules Football, there is a no-contact policy in relation to drills or activities to allow for a wide range […]
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now