Now is the time for many people to be due for their plan reviews. The NDIS team have supported 186 people with their NDIS plans; this level of intense support is not sustainable; so to assist you here are some tips.
* Effie has a support worker to go out on the weekend with her, something she could not do before.
* Adele is building her capacity to live independently.
* Samraing has support to develop his artistic talent and to sell his artwork.
* Lucy has a support worker with her at home building her skills for her morning routine.
Find out about Support Co-ordination https://www.marriott.org.au/support-coordination/
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people with a disability, their families and carers. Funding is allocated based on the supports the individual requires, so getting the best possible plan is very important.
The NDIS is an insurance scheme, which takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with a disability from an early stage to improve their outcomes later in life.
The NDIS has no impact on the Disability Support Pension or Carers Allowance.
An NDIS plan includes funding for the supports you need to live well, supports are based on individual needs and can consist of a range of services, including:
• daily personal activities
• transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic and daily life activities
• workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
• therapeutic supports including behaviour support
• help with household tasks to enable the participant to maintain their home environment
• help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
• home modification design and construction
• mobility equipment, and
• vehicle modifications.
For more information on NDIS plans and funding, visit our FAQs page.
We have zero-tolerance for abuse https://www.marriott.org.au/zero-tolerance-to-abuse/
How to prepare for your review 1. Let your Support Co-ordinator know as soon as you are notified of your plan review meeting. Your Support Co-ordinator will meet with you to prepare and will likely go with you to the plan review meeting. 2. Information about the support you receive and progress to your goals from Service providers you use, is really important. So ask all service providers for this information Then, work through these questions. 3. What has worked well in the past year? 4. Have goals been achieved? If not, what part of the goal has been achieved or progressed? 5. What hasn’t worked in the past year? Use these resources How to prepare for NDIS_reviewplans2 Getting NDIS Review Ready Client Example
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
The theme this year is “Changing Communities. Changing Lives.” National Volunteer Week (NVW) count down is here! Next week, 18 to 24 May marks the annual celebration to acknowledge the generous contribution of our nation’s volunteers. Our community at Marriott is greatly enriched by staff and volunteers working alongside each other with extensive skills and […]
Marriott Community Hub, 100 Wheatley Road, McKinnon
You may be concerned or confused about what powers are required to ensure their best welfare into the future. Even if you think you know, there are recent changes to the legislation affecting carers, so join us to hear from the Office of the Public Advocate (OPA). You will understand better the new changes from […]
Could be anywhere. Details to be released soon.
Holiday activities continue -dates in September to be announced We are changing activities in accordance with the government directives in light of corona-virus. We continue to offer a variety of fun and interesting holiday activities including country train trips to explore new places. We welcome you to participate in whatever your interests and support needs […]
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now