Now is the time for many people to be due for their first plan reviews, at the end of 12 months. The NDIS team have supported 186 people with their NDIS plans; this level of intense support is not sustainable; so to assist you here are some tips.
To get ready for your NDIS plan review use this form Getting NDIS Review Ready Client Example
* Effie has a support worker to go out on the weekend with her, something she could not do before.
* Adele is building her capacity to live independently.
* Samraing has support to develop his artistic talent and to sell his artwork.
* Lucy has a support worker with her at home building her skills for her morning routine.
Find out about Support Co-ordination https://www.marriott.org.au/support-coordination/
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people with a disability, their families and carers. Funding is allocated based on the supports the individual requires, so getting the best possible plan is very important.
The NDIS is an insurance scheme, which takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with a disability from an early stage to improve their outcomes later in life.
The NDIS has no impact on the Disability Support Pension or Carers Allowance.
An NDIS plan includes funding for the supports you need to live well, supports are based on individual needs and can consist of a range of services, including:
• daily personal activities
• transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic and daily life activities
• workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
• therapeutic supports including behaviour support
• help with household tasks to enable the participant to maintain their home environment
• help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
• home modification design and construction
• mobility equipment, and
• vehicle modifications.
For more information on NDIS plans and funding, visit our FAQs page.
We have zero tolerance for abuse https://www.marriott.org.au/zero-tolerance-to-abuse/
How to prepare for your review 1. Let your Support Co-ordinator know as soon as you are notified of your plan review meeting. Your Support Co-ordinator will meet with you to prepare and will likely go with you to the plan review meeting. 2. Information about the support you receive and progress to your goals from Service providers you use, is really important. So ask all service providers for this information Then, work through these questions. 3. What has worked well in the past year? 4. Have goals been achieved? If not, what part of the goal has been achieved or progressed? 5. What hasn’t worked in the past year? Use these resources How to prepare for NDIS_reviewplans2 Getting NDIS Review Ready Client Example
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
15a 56 Keys Road, Cheltenham
Roads to Independence and our NDIS team are NOW located at 15a 56 Keys Road, Cheltenham. Our quality services and supports are not changing only our location.
The gardening group from Roads to Independence (RTI) are promoting Marriott at Westfield Southland, in front of the Commonwealth Bank. Come and say Hello, hear about Marriott and make a donation to receive a lovingly made succulent mini garden. When – Wednesday 21st August, 10am-5pm Contact – Lucy for more details [email protected]
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now