The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people with a disability, their families and carers.
Funding is attached to an individual based on the supports included in their NDIS plan, so getting the best plan possible is very important.
The NDIS is an insurance scheme, which takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with disability early, to improve their outcomes later in life, and fun a range of disability support services.
The NDIS has no impact on Disability Support Pension or Carer Allowance.
To be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme, you must:
An NDIS plan includes the supports with attached funding which you need to live well. Supports are based on individual needs, and can include a range of services, including:
For more information on NDIS plans and funding, visit our FAQs page.
Marriott can help you Our NDIS Service Development team supports you with your first NDIS plan:
• To understand the process and necessary terms;
• To do thorough preparation;
• We can support you during your NDIS meeting; and
• We offer support co-ordination, if it is included in your plan.
What people say?
Barbara, a parent said, ‘Sarah was a huge help in putting what we thought we needed for Lucy into clear goals so it was really organised for the planner.’
Narelle, a carer ‘I couldn’t have done it without Erica’s help, it was a stressful experience made much less so with her help.’
So far we have supported 105 families with approved plans.
Our NDIS Transition team is here to help call Michelle on 03 9276 4300
The ways NDIS can support families and carers
As carers, you can be supported in your caring role through supports in the participants’ NDIS plan, for example:
• Funding for episodes when extra supports are needed (e.g mental health).
• So the carer can have time away – physical, emotional breather
• Family support and counselling
• To increase participant’s independence
• So the participant can participate in social and community activities without carers.
• For family caring, such as personal care and domestic assistance related to the person’s disability.
• Assessments to recommend capacity building and technological assistance supports to help enable the person and free up the carer.
For more information, contact our NDIS team on 03 9276 4300.
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
Marriott Community Hub Last day is Wednesday 19th December and First day back is Tuesday 15th January 2019. For NDIS Transition Team the Last day of 2018 is Friday 21st December and First day of 2019 is Wednesday 2nd January. For Marriott Industries – Last day of 2018 – Friday 21st December […]
Holiday program for Community is BACK in January 2019. Dates – Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th and every day between Monday 7th and Friday 11th January. For full details and to book-in contact Julia before 20th December on 9577 6909 or [email protected], and from 2nd January contact Lomani through 9276 4300
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now