Together with the NDIS code of conduct, the NDIS Practice Standards sets out your rights and Marriott’s responsibilities to provide supports and services to people with disability.
Find out more about the NDIS practice standards.
Now is the time for many people to be due for their plan reviews. The NDIS team have supported 186 people with their NDIS plans; this level of intense support is not sustainable; so to assist you here are some tips.
* Effie has a support worker to go out on the weekend with her, something she could not do before.
* Adele is building her capacity to live independently.
* Samraing has support to develop his artistic talent and to sell his artwork.
* Lucy has a support worker with her at home building her skills for her morning routine.
Find out about Support Co-ordination https://www.marriott.org.au/support-coordination/
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people with a disability, their families and carers. Funding is allocated based on the supports the individual requires, so getting the best possible plan is very important.
The NDIS is an insurance scheme, which takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with a disability from an early stage to improve their outcomes later in life.
The NDIS has no impact on the Disability Support Pension or Carers Allowance.
An NDIS plan includes funding for the supports you need to live well, supports are based on individual needs and can consist of a range of services, including:
• daily personal activities
• transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic and daily life activities
• workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
• therapeutic supports including behaviour support
• help with household tasks to enable the participant to maintain their home environment
• help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
• home modification design and construction
• mobility equipment, and
• vehicle modifications.
For more information on NDIS plans and funding, visit our FAQs page.
We have zero-tolerance for abuse https://www.marriott.org.au/zero-tolerance-to-abuse/