Now is the time for many people to be due for their first plan reviews, at the end of 12 months. The NDIS team have supported 186 people with their NDIS plans; this level of intense support is not sustainable; so to assist you here are some tips.
* Effie has a support worker to go out on the weekend with her, something she could not do before.
* Adele is building her capacity to live independently.
* Samraing has support to develop his artistic talent and to sell his artwork.
* Lucy has a support worker with her at home building her skills for her morning routine.
Find out about Support Co-ordination https://www.marriott.org.au/support-coordination/
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support for people with a disability, their families and carers. Funding is allocated based on the supports the individual requires, so getting the best possible plan is very important.
The NDIS is an insurance scheme, which takes a lifetime approach, investing in people with a disability from an early stage to improve their outcomes later in life.
The NDIS has no impact on the Disability Support Pension or Carers Allowance.
An NDIS plan includes funding for the supports you need to live well, supports are based on individual needs and can consist of a range of services, including:
• daily personal activities
• transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic and daily life activities
• workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
• therapeutic supports including behaviour support
• help with household tasks to enable the participant to maintain their home environment
• help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
• home modification design and construction
• mobility equipment, and
• vehicle modifications.
For more information on NDIS plans and funding, visit our FAQs page.
We have zero tolerance for abuse https://www.marriott.org.au/zero-tolerance-to-abuse/
How to prepare for your review 1. Let your Support Co-ordinator know as soon as you are notified of your plan review meeting. Your Support Co-ordinator will meet with you to prepare and will likely go with you to the plan review meeting. 2. Information about the support you receive and progress to your goals from Service providers you use, is really important. So ask all service providers for this information Then, work through these questions. 3. What has worked well in the past year? 4. Have goals been achieved? If not, what part of the goal has been achieved or progressed? 5. What hasn’t worked in the past year? Use these resources How to prepare for NDIS_reviewplans2 Getting NDIS Review Ready Client Example
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
Mentone Life Saving Club, Beach Road, opposite, Kitchener St, Mentone.
Join us for Breakfast every Saturday from 16th November from 8.30am. At Mentone Life Saving Club, Beach Road, opposite, Kitchener St, Mentone. Here’s a taste of what’s on the menu EGGS AND BACON ON TOAST VEGETARIAN BREAKFAST Eggs on toast (poached, fried or scrambled) with avocado, roasted tomato, and sauteed mushrooms. BIG BREAKFAST Eggs on […]
Marriott Community Hub, 100 Wheatley Road, McKinnon
Our Guest Speaker is Jill Sears, Diversity and Inclusion Manager at Melbourne Water. Announcing that Beau from Enviro Management Services will speak at the annual meeting. At Marriott Community Hub, 100 Wheatley Road McKinnon. Register at 6pm for 6.30pm start.
Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre, 200 East Boundary Road, Bentleigh East
Celebrate and have a go at Zumba, Netball, AFL, Basketball, Gymnastics, Dance, Cricket and T-ball. The Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre (GESAC) and Marriott Support Services will once again host the International Day of People with Disability celebration. Wednesday 4th December 9.30am-1.30pm. At GESAC 200 East Boundary Road, Bentleigh East FREE Come along and […]
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now