Support coordination connects you with services that align with your goals and with your NDIS plan, it helps you increase your independence and gives you more control over your own supports.
Support coordination needs to be included in your NDIS plan, so in your planning meeting if you need help to implement your plan or contact service providers, ask about including it in your NDIS plan.
We have a growing team based at our Nepean Hwy office. Call Michelle to find out more about Support Coordination on 9276 4300
Here’s Liam’s story of Support Co-ordination.
Travel training is part of Liam’s NDIS plan, specifically to learn how to use the trains so he can travel to his community supports. Support Coordination allowed Liam to be linked up with Michael, a Disability Support Worker, who meets Liam at his home and travels with him on the train to Marriott Community Hub and home at the end of the day.
Liam is gaining confidence in travelling independently. This one-on-one support is a great way to learn to travel confidently and increases confidence and independence.
1. Good listeners
2. Take time to understand you and go at the pace you want to
3. Approachable – you feel you can be honest about what you want and don’t want
4. Knowledgeable but they will say if they don’t know the answer and ask someone who does
5. Follows through with what they say
6. Is available – you can get an appointment within a reasonable time when you need one.
7. Finally they are trustworthy.
Keep up-to-date on current news, research and events!
Are you looking for something to do during the Week of 23rd April? Why not join us to explore the city or perhaps a trip to the zoo or one of Melbourne’s fabulous museums or art galleries. Save the dates – Tuesday 23rd, Wednesday 24th and Friday 26th April. Full details will be available on […]
Volunteering can change your life Enquire Now