Roads to Independence
Would you like to take your independence to another level?
Our Roads To Independence (RTI) program is a progressive and individualised way of partnering with you and your family to build an independent life.
We will take your independence to another level, with a focus on decision making, self-managing and finding future pathways. Building your confidence through social skills, friendships and community inclusion opportunities.
We create space for learning about yourself and others through listening, assertive communication and decision-making discussions.
To support the life you choose, we will work with you and your family, so that together we can assist you to reach your goals.
Example skills & support offered
- How to cook a meal for yourself, family and friends
- Travel on public transport with peer support, shopping outings
- Learn to manage money and plan ahead
- Health and wellbeing, nutrition ‘healthy body, healthy mind’
- Further education in work and life skills with a Certificate I in Transition Education, and Certificate I in Work Education
- Technology and computer skills
- Improve your numeracy and literacy
- Volunteering, which is rewarding and can be a bridge to supported employment
- Having fun!
“I love going on the holiday programs, and to go out in the community and meeting new people. I love going to gym it helps me to stay healthy, and swimming makes me feel good” – Emma Payton
To join us at RTI, you must:
- Be willing to build on your life skills
- Be able to use public transport with minimal support
- Show interest in doing community-based work, or willing to learn volunteering, work experience, or further education opportunities
- Feel OK to be left unsupervised for short periods of time
- Own a mobile phone
To express interest in Roads To Independence, please fill out the enquiry form