Building Independence / Community Hub / Health and wellbeing / NDIS
Reopening Community Services Tuesday 26 May 2020
We know that the events of the last few months, including our cessation of services, had a significant impact on you and your home situation. We apologise for the disruption and inconvenience that this has caused.
With the easing of COVID restrictions by government, our staff have been working hard to provide a COVID safe environment for our clients and staff at Wheatley Road McKinnon.
The key changes are:-
• The transfer of RTI (Roads to Independence) to the Lodge at Wheatley Road
• All buildings at Wheatley Road have had a major clean of the site in preparation for reopening
• The staff have undergone refresher training on handwashing, infection control, COVID safety measures as well as our health and safety protocols
• A flu vaccination program for staff has been undertaken
• Our programs will now be available weekdays and Saturdays in four hour blocks in the morning and afternoon
• People will enter and exit the building through separate doors – there will be staff supervising to ensure physical distancing
• There will be a health and temperature check on all clients and staff on arrival – please note that anyone arriving or becomes unwell during the day will be sent home until they are well and cleared by a doctor
• Anyone tested for COVID is unable to attend until the result of the test is known; if the test is positive they are unable to return until they are well and have 2 consecutive negative test results which are in accordance with Department of Health requirements
• If we have a positive COVID result occur at any time, the clients and staff in that program room will be unable to attend service while they undergo testing and any quarantine requirements. Subject to the directives from the Department of Health there is a likelihood of the whole or partial site being closed for 2 days to undergo a deep clean
• You will see taping in place at the entry and within the building to maintain physical distancing
• At Wheatley Road we have restrictions on the number of people in the building and in each room to ensure physical distancing safety requirements
• In every room including program areas there are sanitisation stations and cleaning schedules in place
• In every fleet car there are sanitiser and cleaning kits in place
• There is strict cleaning and sanitising protocols in place throughout the site for every room including toilet facilities and outside areas
• Clients and staff are rostered to a designated room for a period of time to minimise interactions with others
• We have a quarantine room in the Hub and the Lodge in the possible event of it being needed during service
The Board approved all the safety measures, and in the light of this, we are pleased to reopen our Community Services with limited services from today, Tuesday 26 May 2020.
We greatly appreciate your support during this challenging period and welcome back our Community clients.
Our staff are available to assist clients and families on more details relating to programs, and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Once again thank you for your support and patience.
Ann-Maree Colborne, Chief Executive Officer