What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funds the reasonable and necessary supports for people with disability to lead an ordinary life.
Participants of the scheme can access a variety of supports and services in their community including recreational supports, allied health, employment supports and mainstream services.
The scheme is designed to empower people with disability to work towards their life goals
What does NDIS mean?
- National: The NDIS is being introduced progressively across all states and territories
- Disability: The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability. Early intervention supports can also be provided for eligible people with disability
- Insurance: The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind if they, or their loved one is born with, or acquires a permanent and significant disability, they will get the support they need
- Scheme: The NDIS is not a welfare system. The NDIS is designed to help people get the support they need so their skills and independence improve over time
For an individual it means you have a choice of service providers in an open market. It gives you more options and control as to where you would like to purchase your support services.
What is the NDIA?
The National Disability Insurance Agency is the agency responsible for implementing the NDIS. The people who will contact you for your planning process and who will approve your plan are from the NDIA.
For more information about the NDIS, view our resources
Marriott makes NDIS supports simpler
When you enter the NDIS, you will go through a planning process with a NDIS representative. This process is to develop your individual NDIS plan, and to determine the $ funding you will receive.
The NDIS involves understanding a lot of information, as creating your plan can be confusing and overwhelming.
The Marriott NDIS Client Services Team are professionals who work with people with disability, and can assist you with the process, and implement your NDIS plan. We simplify the NDIS language and documentation for you.
When you contact Marriott, we will discuss what’s in your plan and how we can help.
We are small enough to get to know you, whilst being large enough to have dedicated staff and systems to form connections that can expand opportunities for you.
Why choose Marriott for my supports?
Marriott is a disability specialist. We provide tailored, flexible and quality services to assist you to reach your goals. We are here to support you with whatever goals you want to achieve.
- Friendly, approachable and understanding listeners
- Take the time to understand you, and go at the pace you wish
- Available – you can secure an appointment within a reasonable timeframe
- Highly skilled in connecting with people and quality services
- Experienced supporting people with disability for over 40 years
- Knowledgeable with the NDIS
- Seek to provide the highest standards in quality, customer wellbeing and safeguards
As an NDIS provider, Marriott’s support coordination service operates independently of the disability service. Support Co-ordination at Marriott offers unbiased support, whilst respecting your decision to choose any service provider at any time
To enquire about Support Coordination, please fill out the enquiry form
Resources to help you get ready
Helpful links for you to access:
What is the NDIS, and how does the NDIS work?
Information about what the NDIS is and what does it mean
How the NDIS Works
To go to the NDIS Eligibility checklist
Am I eligible?
How to apply for the NDIS
Understanding and managing your plan
What type of supports are funded? To find out the types of supports that the NDIS may fund for participants
Understanding the NDIS for families & Carers
Main website https://www.ndis.gov.au/
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
NDIS Code of Conduct
Zero Tolerance for Abuse
To find out more or to discuss your options with our experienced staff, please Contact Us