Volunteering improves your health and wellbeing
Did you know that?
- Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer
- 96% of volunteers say that it ‘makes people happier’
- 95% of volunteers say that volunteering is related to feelings of wellbeing, even a few hours.
- Volunteering results in ‘helper’s high’, a powerful physical and emotional feeling of helping others.
We have over 90 volunteers who take part in a range of supports like art program, gardening, swimming, cooking, and tennis at the local tennis club, outings, admin, beauty workshops and music groups, in small groups or 1:1. The options are almost endless. We like you to bring your interests and skills and personality with you. Volunteering can be a pathway to a career.
- Dianne and Georgia started as volunteers and enjoyed the experience so much they decided to study Certificate 4 in Disability Services. After completing they will be employed by Marriott.
- Bill and Rohan, two retired men who are friends and enjoy tennis; they volunteer with our tennis group at a local club, once a week.
- We host over 40 corporate volunteers over the year, from large to smaller companies
We support our volunteers. You will work alongside our staff and our Volunteer Co-ordinator will manage your placement with professionalism.
For more information
Contact Trish for a conversation: