Volunteering improves your health and wellbeing
Did you know that?
- Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer
- 96% of volunteers say that it ‘makes people happier’
- 95% of volunteers say that volunteering is related to feelings of wellbeing, even a few hours.
- Volunteering results in ‘helper’s high’, a powerful physical and emotional feeling of helping others.
At Marriott, we have over 90 volunteers who take part in a range of supports including our art program, gardening, swimming, cooking, tennis, outings, admin, beauty workshops and music groups, in small groups or one on one. We encourage you to bring your interests and skills and personality with you. Volunteering can be a pathway to a career.
• Taylor is a university student who loves music and volunteers with Marriott Musos
• Paul is a retired gentleman who enjoys swimming and volunteers with the men’s swim group.
We host over 40 corporate volunteers over the year, from large to smaller companies
We support our volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering there’s an exciting range of activities for you. Contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator who will manage your placement with professionalism.
For more information
Contact Ericaa for a conversation: