Coffee with a Cop
By asking questions and listening we found out that the police were friendly and gentle.
We discovered that it takes 8 months to become a police officer.
Other questions we asked:
- What would happen if there were no police in the world?
- What are some of the jobs you have to do?
- Can you tell us about your uniform?
- What is the scariest thing you have had to do?
- What’s the funniest thing you have had to do?
- What are the names of the positions in the police force?
We were all surprised to get a free hot chocolate, coffee or juice.
We were all interested in having a look inside a police car, the officers told us to go into Moorabbin station and organise it.
It was a great day, we all enjoyed it. Thank you to the police officers.
Coffee with a cop is an approach to build understanding between the police and the community.
Written by all the participants that attended the Tuesday program at RTI.