You want to live well that means being as healthy as possible, making good decisions, growing independence and have positive relationships.
We support you to have the life you choose. We also work with families so together we can support you to reach your goals.
Here are some of the life skills supports offered at Roads to Independence:
- Cooking – with meal planning, nutrition, shopping, preparing a meal you can cook at home.
- Travel on public transport with peer support.
- Budget and manage money.
- Undertake further education in work and life skills with a Certificate I in Transition Education.
- Technology skills based on individual needs.
- Improve your numeracy and literacy.
- Volunteering build skills, confidence, gives back and can also be a bridge to employment.
Health and Wellbeing support – be healthy physically and mentally.
- Sport – weekly basketball competition at Glen Eira Sports Aquatic Centre.
- Fitness – choice of fitness activities like boxing, Zumba, yoga and swimming at local gyms.
- Beauty workshops – manicures, pedicures, skin care and makeup.
- Workshops with professionals on positive relationships, healthy food, sexual health and personal safety.
Why choose Marriott?
- With small groups, we spend time to know your strengths to match those with supports to challenge you.
- We have a vibrant group of volunteers that allows you to achieve more by reducing our ratios.
- Your social skills will improve, we build them into all we do.
- Our staff are qualified and experienced and connect well with people to bring out their best, we have both male and female staff of all ages to create great connections.
- We support you to volunteer to develop skills and independence to succeed.
- We have local partners who can also assist you in reaching your goals.
- We use venues that are community-based and conducive to building independence and social inclusion.
For more information
Call Elly, Co-ordinator, Roads to Independence