We are reopening post-CoVid 19, with strict cleaning regimes and changes to the way we deliver services, read more about the changes to keep you and staff safe. https://www.marriott.org.au/reopening-community-services-tuesday-26-may-2020/
Roads to Independence
Better self-awareness and community engagement to explore your future
If you are looking for a progressive and individualised program, try Marriott’s Roads to Independence (RTI).
Take independence to another level with a focus on decision making, self-managing and future pathways.
We create space for learning about ourselves and others through improved social skills including listening, assertive communication, decision making and empathy. We explore current social and personal issues like relationships through facilitated discussions.
Here’s some examples:
- Ebony has new found confidence after learning to travel on public transport having previously travelled only by taxi. While volunteering in the commercial kitchen at Fairway Aged Care facility, it became clear that hospitality could be a future work pathway for Ebony.
- Andrew did not travel far on public transport but after being supported to travel to he now no longer needs support to use public transport. Andrew’s confidence allows him to act as a buddy for others who are less confident on public transport.
- Liam wants to work and so is supported in a work placement in an administration role with one of our partners. He is also part of the work and life skills training as part of Roads to Employment
To join us at RTI, you must be:
- Able to use public transport with minimal support and be willing to participate in travel training.
- Interested in doing community-based work (volunteer or work experience) and/or further education opportunities.
- Ok to be left unsupervised for short periods.
We are out and about every day using public transport. We connect with our community and partners.
Call Elly now to discuss a trial
Co-ordinator, Roads to Independence, based at Wheatley Road, McKinnon.
If this is not you, check out our Community Hub.