Building Independence / Finding and keeping a job / NDIS / Social Inclusion
Are you interested in working?
Would you like to find a job, although not sure how?
Do you want to expand your social networks, have greater financial independence, improve your health and wellbeing and have a stronger sense of self-worth?
If you answered ‘YES’ supported employment may be for you.
The NDIS’s goal is to have 30 per cent of participants of working age in meaningful employment by 30 June 2023.
Supported Employment offers people with disability ongoing employment and an opportunity to learn skills which can be used moving forward. A high level of support is provided, including assistance with keeping focus on tasks, working safely, working in teams and quality control. Supported employment actively supports people with disability to make choices, build skills and achieve goals.
Marriott Industries offers supported employment in packaging, warehousing, light assembly and Enviro Management Services offers supported employment in grounds maintenance, cleaning, mowing, weed control and landscaping.
To be eligible for supported employment, you must be;
• Able to get to work on time;
• Able to follow instructions to complete a task;
• Socially aware of those around you;
• Able to work safely.
• Able to work a minimum of two days a week; and
• Have NDIS funding to support you in work.
It is common for someone to start working in supported employment to gain skills and confidence before moving into open employment.
To discover what’s possible;
- Call Rose at Marriott Support Services on 03 9947 1115 and discuss if supported employment is right for you.
- Your Support Co-ordinator [email protected] or Local Area Coordinator can assist you in receiving NDIS funding for supported employment.
In 2020, why not make finding and keeping a job your goal.
Let us start shaping your future together.